* Making scrambled eggs all by herself, including getting supplies, heating pan, cracking and whipping eggs and dishing them up. I am always no more than a room away and she has done great.
* Making quesadillas and bean burritos by herself. (I just have to open the can of beans)
* Watering the plants and flowers around the yard.
* Making and serving a breakfast of frozen waffles with syrup or toast with butter and jam and applesauce or yogurt.
* Bathing her four and five year old siblings, including shampoo and conditioner.
* Getting the baby ready for bed or getting him dressed in the morning, including a diaper change.
* Writing in her journal without prompting from me.
Luca has learned a lot this summer! I better soak it up while she still likes to do all these things! I think the next thing I will have to hand over to her is meal planning, writing a shopping list and going to store since those are some of my least favorite chores. She would probably find a way to do it too!
And the one thing she could do at the start of the summer that she can no longer do….
take Kai up and down the stairs. (sliding safely down on her bottom of course) He is almost half her weight now AND he pulls her hair.