It is fun to read what others write when they are tagged so hopefully someone will enjoy my answers. Thanks Meag, for the tag!
10 Years Ago:
* I was living the newly married life on Capital Hill in Seattle. I worked downtown on the 35th floor in a fancy office (I was a small town girl, it was fancy to me), was able to travel once in awhile with Brett on his boondoggles, and I was having the time of my life.
5 Things On My To Do List:
* Pick up the three books that are on hold for me at the library…Doh! Make that two. Today was the last day for pick up on one of them.
* Plan my lesson for Relief Society. (That’s the women’s meeting at church, for those who aren’t Mormon)
* Take crap, I mean used goods, to the Goodwill or the Deseret Industries (another Mormon thing).
* Laundry (even though I did four loads today. It is always on my list.)
* Workout on treadmill (again, always on my list…not always checked off though)
5 Snacks That I Enjoy:
* bean and cheese nachos
* Meag’s cinnamon roll’s
* Apples and peanut butter
* granola cereal with bananas
* sugar-free jello with whipped cream and cinnamon (no, the whipped cream is NOT sugar free)
5 Places I have Lived:
* Ivins, UT
* St. George, UT
* Seattle, WA
* Woodinville, WA
* Auburn, WA
(there you have ALL of the places I have lived…besides my birthplace, which I don’t remember so it doesn’t count…and Ogden, Ut, because it was only for three months.)
What I Would Do If I Suddenly Became A Billionaire:
* Build a dream home with a huge apartment over the second unattached garage for company…and hire one of my friends, like Shae, to decorate it for me, since I totally suck at it.
* Help family members with their needs…and some wants of course
* I like Meag’s idea to secretly buy dinner for families or couple’s whenever we go out to dinner so I am going to steal that.
* Start an online business with Brett.
* Invest enough to live comfortably for the rest of our lives, enough for my kids schooling and a decent cash wedding present, a significant savings account (not too outrageous though), and then donate the rest to various charities, because I think having that much money would be overwhelming and a burden.
5 Jobs I Have Had:
* server/cleaner upper at a health spa
* ice cream scooper and ice cream cake maker at Baskin Robbins (kinda contradicts the previous job)
* night house parent at a crisis center for children
* trainer(friend) at homes for adults with disabilities
* co-manager for apartment building on crazy Capital Hill in Seattle
* Services Coordinator at a business property management company
* Property Assistant for a vendor company at Microsoft
* Homemaker! (I don’t care if that word isn’t politically correct)
okay, so that was more than 5…but I think that is every job I have had since I was 14, besides babysitting.
5 Things You May Not Know About Me:
* I am a true night owl and always have been. (it is 2am right now, in fact)
* I don’t hate cooking, but I am not great at it. I always mess up a recipe the first time I try it, because I am impatient.
* When I was a kid I wanted to be a professional ice-skater when I grew up. I grew up in the desert and I still have never put on a pair of ice-skates.
* I like to socialize, but I am a total hermit and homebody by nature.
* I sneak into my kids rooms every single night and hug them and smell their hair. I have never missed a night that I was home and they were home. Sometimes their hair DOES stink, but I would still never miss it.
Sooooo, I need to tag two people. I want to tag people I haven’t tagged before so I pick Keli and one of my cute nieces, Aubree, so we can get a teenager’s perspective. (I would love to see my Dad’s answers in my comments!)